Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Summer Holiday in Australia:

       I still find it hard to conceive of Christmas being a summer holiday on one whole half of the planet not to mention the tropics where it is always warm. This link describes Christmas in Australia. I certainly can't picture myself swimming anywhere on Christmas day; or the smell of chlorine and sunscreen...
http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/110191
Imagine having a sunburn on Christmas, or putting Christmas lights and decorations up around your flower and vegetable gardens.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to be on a beach, with suntan lotion, on any day of the year. !!Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me anything is better than freezing weather. I don't mind a brief Winter with an occasional coating of wet snow but not the Winters we tend to have here in the northeastern US. This year we have been lucky. I like the beach any day also, but I wonder if it would still feel like Christmas being native to the Northern Hemisphere. Imagine Christmas on a boat...Come to think of it Jesus came from a mild climate region, but it's still not the same as Summer. I know Israel can get light snow occasionally. Even South Florida, where December temperatures are more like Summer here in northeastern Pennsylvania, the days are still shorter and it's not really Summer.

    ReplyDelete