Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Empathizing-Systemizing Theory

       Yes, I know that Wikipedia is not authoritative and is prone to bias but then again so are a lot of more conventional encyclopedias to some degree. This page is pretty good. (Remember however, that articles in this type of encyclopedia are always subject to change and editing.) The following article is just a theory that is more up-to-date than the mind-blindness theory of Autism. This seems to post different viewpoints on the topic. I know I always had reservations about those mind-blindness and the "theory-of-mind" discussions. As for this empathizing-systemizing theory, I'm not saying I totally agree or disagree with it but it does make some good points. If you don't have time to read the whole thing at least read the section on "Cognitive vs. Affective Empathy". This is very important to point out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathizing%E2%80%93systemizing_theory

No comments:

Post a Comment