Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bonita

       I never heard of this place until a week or two ago. The beach resort of Benidorm, Spain sits on the Mediterranean coast and seems to be growing:
File:Benidorm2.jpg
Benidorm, by: Siocaw on Wikimedia Commons, 2008

Now on the photo below I can't help but to notice the Golden Arches on the left. I guess it may help prevent American tourists from getting homesick but still, does it have to disturb the whole landscape like that? I mean I support capitalism and free enterprise but stuff like this gives it a bad name:
File:Benidorm, Marina Baixa, País Valencià.JPG
Benidorm, Marina Baixa, by: Joanbanjo on Wikimedia Commons, 2010

Then there is Barcelona. I've never been to Spain other than to fly over it but I'm a little more familiar with this city:
File:Barcelona Finanse Center (skyline).jpg
Barcelona Financial District, by: WelcomeInSpain on Wikimedia Commons, 2008

Barcelona is also home to a really big church called Sagrada Familia. It's a long story, so I will just link to it on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Fam%C3%ADlia
Below is a photo of it:File:Sf gp.jpg
Sagrada Familia (Nativity Facade), by: Wjh31 on Wikimedia Commons, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment