Wednesday, November 30, 2011

South Park review...

       The cartoon "South Park" did a show this season on Aspergers. I actually like the cartoon for its strong statements it makes behind all the low-brow humor. I know it can sometimes be offensive but they are at least careful to offend everyone equally.
       I haven't had the time to watch it in a while and was looking through itunes and noticed A*s Burgers in a show title and thought oh-no here's my turn to be ...offended. Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought. The show was meant to make fun of the vaccine controversy and not to make fun of those with ASD. A few scenes went a little far with the bathroom humor as South Park usually does. I have read things on Aspergers in professional, educational literature that is much more profoundly offensive than what you'd find in a satirical comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment